Friday 6 December 2013

5th December: The White Shirt













I think everyone will agree that sometimes student designs can be quite outrageous- ah-mazing, but outrageous. I undertook a role last year which enabled me to complete the dressing at Central Saint Martins for The White Show. I think the example garments I had to use were a perfect example of this!

I think you'll also agree that there is a bit of a hype surrounding Menswear at the moment. Making men who want to dress in a contemporary way - like myself - so extremely happy, however making other males either extremely nervous to wear/buy, and the rest are simply amused and or repulsed! J.W. Anderson for me demonstrates the topic I thought about whilst modelling this White Shirt for a friends final photos. For me Anderson is developing a Menswear look which makes the gap between menswear and womenswear far more blurred. A look which I love. Every Mens collection I'd cut my own hand off to have! Thinking about it Lanvin's last few collections are also branching into this aesthetic of Menswear.

For me a White Shirt is a huge part of my wardrobe, I must own eight or nine...I probably always look like I'm going to work - however is such a basic component, and one which I always employ without fail. This particular white shirt designed by Katie Asbury (Fashion Design Marketing, LCF) I think breaks into the same realm that Anderson - and many others - are working inside, an interesting thing to wear for us males. Showing an interest in contemporary fashion, whilst separating yourself from every other man sporting a Shirt. Hopefully this one will be in my wardrobe within the next few weeks - whether Katie knows about it or not. 

(Photos borrowed from Parize Photography, White Shirt by Katie Asbury)

No comments:

Post a Comment