Sunday 1 December 2013

1st December: A Day of Exhibitions

I went to a couple of exhibitions the other day (check my earlier post, as I also blogged them for Fred Butler). If you know me, you'll know that a day of exhibitions trumps any plans every time. 

First of the day was  Studiograbdowns WORK | HOME | OUT. An amazing space, sadly it's now finished - however if you did see it you're officially royalty to me. It has been my talking point for the last three days. As part of a collaboration with Eleanor Davies, Studiograbdown presented three spaces which placed the viewer in a world in which they know however from an inspiration perspective. It reminded me of the world in which early-born babies must see, a world of colour, pattern, interest and full of intriguing features. It was super interesting because the whole idea was entirely formed from Studiograbdown's own encyclopaedia of selfies and images of past events! Sadly my selfies just sit on my iPhoto library. 


































This project was presented by Slashstroke Magazine and The Mill Co.


Spaces like this are so interesting for me, as they really depend on the viewer. The documentation of the experience, which was also done by the viewers and by Studiograbdown will be so interesting. However the creation of an actual interactive experience (here you had to put on a fire blanket at one point!) for me currently seems to be gold-dust!

No comments:

Post a Comment