Wednesday 4 December 2013

4th December: Richard Wilson at the Saatchi



























Anyone who knows me, or is an avid reader of this blog - fingers crossed that there actually is someone out there  - will know that an experience within an Exhibition, is something that I not only love but appreciate it as a futuristic qualities. When Art is created which places you as a viewer in a situation, I personally find you retrieve so much more than just admiring the brush strokes of a Portrait. 

Richard Wilson's 20:50 provides the ultimate scenario for the viewer. If you're a lover of Graphics, Architecture, or appreciative of Contemporary Art you're missing out hugely if you haven't seen this. The Saatchi gallery accommodate this particular piece in a room especially created to house this exhibit, and is one of the only attractions which remains permanent.

As a lover of Architecture myself, this is such a visionary space. The reflection upon the surface of the recycled engine oil is so clean at some of the first viewing points you don't recognise its presence. Another part which fascinated me, was the reaction of the other viewers. Some being repulsed by the smell of the liquid, others seeing the fascination that grew continuously on me throughout my time here. I remember one woman in particular as she dismissed the entire space calling out "Shirley this room must be under renovation. Where's the shop?"



No comments:

Post a Comment